I take an early liking to Will. When I start reading I anticipate he will be a main character (I later learned I suck at predicting Martin's outcomes). Royce is a cocky ass and I picture Gared to be a dwarf with deteriorating body parts.
I find Martins writing to be rich and detailed early on. I'm excited to learn of the "Wildlings."
My happiest moment in this beginning chapter is when Royce gets his ass whooped like a white guys racing against a Kenyan (terrible analogy). This may just be me, but if I saw a mofo walking towards me at night and he had some unhumanly-like features, I wouldn't wanna sword dance. It made me happy, in a sadistic way, that Royce got killed. He was a big ol' dick and it wasn't surprising to me when Martin got rid of him.
Two things did surprise me after this, however. One, I was not expecting Will to die (I'm assuming he did); two, why the hell did Will get out of the tree? If I saw that shit go down, I'd more willingly freeze to death in the tree.
I'm assuming Gared is still watching over the horses, like a good little dwarf-man-thing.
I'm excited to read on!
No comments:
Post a Comment