Currently Reading

A Game of Thrones

Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Game of Thrones: Chapter 1


Bran seems to be an adorable little boy, who aspires to be like his pop and his brothers. 7-year-old Bran seems excited to finally be able to go to a beheading (Seems a little more intense than Rugrats). I'm 99% sure that the man beheaded is the dwarf-man-thing, Gared, from the prologue. I feel bad for Gared. No man's head should ever be used for a soccer ball!

I like all of Bran's family so far, minus Theon Greyjerk. They all seem mature for their age. I find myself worrying that Bran is going to die. What significance could a small child play in a big boy book, other than die and make us sad? Martin already killed my beloved Will, I wouldn't put it past him to be a child killer as well!

The family seems worried that there is a dire wolf south of the 'Wall.' I like Jon, but I feel that suggesting the family should keep dire fucking wolves as pets is a little... dangerous? They should be more worried about the zombie pups they're adopting than the dead one. I bet the wolves will either be saviors or evil.

If I was Bran's father, id be more focused on domesticating the stag that killed the dire wolf. I'd feel a lot safer with Diego the Domesticated Deer protecting the 'Wall' then men like Gared, Royce, and Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment